RC28 offers travel awards of up to 750 USD to assist students and members in special need to present their work at the Conference.
Travel awards are given in recognition of good scholarship in the field of stratification. In order to be eligible for a travel award, the applicant’s abstract must be accepted by the conference organizers. As a rule, travel awards are given only once in a four-year period to the same person.
To apply, please send your full paper, an itemized budget, and a letter of recommendation to the organizers of the 2016 Summer meeting (email: email@example.com) and to the Secretary/Treasurer of RC28, Hiroshi Ishida (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for applying for travel awards for the 2016 Summer meeting of RC28 is April 30, 2016. Decisions about travel awards will be made by May 20, 2016.
The Travel Award Recipients are:
- Alice Dias Lopes, University of Edinburgh, Scottland
- Efrat Herzberg Druker, Department of Labor Studies, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Emma Xiaolu Zang, Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, USA
- Katharina Wessling, University of Tübingen, Germany
- Nigel Kragten, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Yangtao Huang, University of Queensland, Australia